Pastel Accounting Short Courses Unisa Distance Learning
Searching for a computerised accounting or Pastel course you can study at Unisa, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised accounting courses you can study through distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Accountant – Computerised Accounting
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
How to study Computerised Accounting?
It is vital that the Accountant have the ability to complete the month-to-month accounting function on a computer system. Students should demonstrate this skills in Microsoft Workplace and the Pastel Accounting Bundle.
How will this course be structured?
In order to finish the Junior Bookkeeper Computerised Bookkeeper, students must complete all of the following Subjects:
- Computerised Bookkeeping: Workplace Computing
- Standard PC Concepts
- Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Working with the Web and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Working with Microsoft Word
- Dealing with Microsoft Excel
- Dealing with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Bookkeeping: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will offer you with an educational licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence stands from the point you register this on your computer till the end of that year, hence a calender year licence. Please keep in mind that this software MAY NOT be used for business purposes, therefore you MAY NOT trade utilizing this academic licence.
- Setup and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Creating and establishing a company in Pastel Partner V11
- Develop and Preserve General Ledger Accounts
- Create and Maintain Provider Accounts
- Create and Preserve Consumer Accounts
- Create and Preserve Inventory Items
- Handle Balances and Journals
- Supplier Processing
- Consumer Processing
- Cash Book, Petty Cash and Journal Processing
- Month end Treatments
- Year End Procedures
How will I be evaluated?
Once you have actually effectively finished the essential projects recommended by Skills Academy
, you will need to successfully pass tests with the ICB. In order to compose tests with the ICB you will have to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to compose their tests
- Submit a Portfolio of Evidence to the ICB on the day of your examinations
You will likewise be provided by the ICB with a Statement of Skills revealing the particular System Standards that you have actually completed. FASSET will award you with an Unit Requirement Certificate for any System Standards that you have actually finished.
As Skills Academy worths education and appreciates our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you receive it as quickly as possible and without any delays.
When can I begin?
You can start right now. If you study by means of distance learning you can register today.
Distance Learning Accounting Courses
Intrigued in recognized accounting qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Take a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Accounting
- FET Certificate: Accounting
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small Business Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you could study ICB courses at Unisa. This has fallen away, and Unisa not uses the ICB Courses. Nevertheless, there are numerous home study colleges providing the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at an accredited home study provider.
You can also think about studying accounting or bookkeeping courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a number of things you need to think about if you want to study among the ICB courses via distance learning. Or if you want to study an accounting or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the essential questions from prospective bookkeeping and accounting trainees.
- Comparing Unisa research studies with ICB studies
- The difference between accounting courses and accounting courses
- Accounting and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Course Costs
- Alternative Choices
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Accounting Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Greater Certificate
- Unisa Bookkeeping Higher Certificate
- ICB Accounting Higher Certificates
- Short Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Programme
- Workplace Administration Program
- Company Management Programme
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Public Sector Accounting Programme
- Study Materials and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Bonus aid for Distance Learning Trainees
- Employment Opportunities
- Course Costs
ICB Qualifications scholastic levels
ICB qualifications start at NQF level 3, and increases to NQF level 6. So you can get in among the ICB programs even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you attain the highest level ICB credentials, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are just one level listed below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Office Administration (NQF 6).
If you are aiming for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 certification), then you will need to follow their entryway requirements of a National Senior Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with a minimum of 50% in the language of teaching and at least 60% in Mathematics.
The entryway criteria for ICB courses.
You can get in any one of the ICB programmes at the NQF 3 level. That indicates you can start their courses with a Grade 9 or Standard 7 school pass.
The ICB also acknowledge other training you have done, your work experience and your age, as factors to think about when you look for entry.
You need to be able to understand the study product, which remains in English. The ICB courses start at a very basic level, so as to make them available to students from various academic backgrounds.
Often students who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have gotten some work experience. Most of the ICB home study trainees are working grownups, who have lost out on the opportunity to complete school, and go on to campus based education.
Selection criteria for ICB students.
The ICB has a variety of distance learning course providers. For these students there are 5 examination sessions in 2017. A number of these trainees are home study and part time study trainees. Generally trainees who meet the academic entryway criteria, will get a location with among the correspondence course providers.
Trainees who do not meet the scholastic requirements, can still apply. The ICB can grant you entryway based on your age; work experience and other training courses you have actually done.
The ICB scholastic entry requirements are grade 9 (requirement 7). The ICB programmes all start at NQF level 3; implying that even if you never finished matric, you will still be able to manage the work.
ICB application and registration process.
To begin studying one of the ICB courses you have to take the following actions:
- Apply to among the course companies.
- Total your registration with the course provider and pay your registration cost and additional study costs.
- Register with the ICB for your test – you can pick from 5 examination sessions in 2017.
- You can decide to compose one test at a time, or register for three or 4 tests.
- Pay your test charges.
- Receive your portfolio of evidence from the ICB once you have signed up for the exam.
- Complete your portfolio of proof before the examination, and take it to the examination session with you.
- Hand in your test and your portfolio of proof at the end of your test.
You can get the ICB Application and examination documents here: ICB Application.
ICB student number limits.
The ICB does not put a limitation on trainee numbers. If you want to study on a campus, at a classroom provider, then there will be a limitation to the number of seats in the classes.
When you choose distance learning, you will discover a course company that has space for you. Do not wait till the eleventh hour. Ensure you apply early, to give yourself the very best chance.
When you register with the ICB, you need to remember the following different charges:
- Course company charges – fees you pay the college where you study.
- ICB trainee membership annual charges.
- Test costs.
Here is a connect to a detailed article on all the charges you need to understand. ICB Registration Fees 2017.
The ICB provides 5 test sessions for home study students in 2017.
You will find the total list of ICB test dates and subjects here. ICB Assessment Dates 2017.
Student success with the ICB.
The ICB recognizes and ensures the quality of training offered by their training providers. They set the tests, and they set the curriculum. They approve the study materials. And in this way the ICB ensures that students get the best chance possible.
The ICB also inspects its accredited companies. And they even do surprise evaluations. With this vigorous work done to make sure quality education, and to guarantee trainees get great support, study products, and qualified lecturers – pass rates are high.
Worldwide of work, you will find that employers enjoy to pay for their staff to study with the ICB. Since they know that their staff will discover genuine abilities they can utilize in the work environment, and they understand that the trainees have an excellent opportunity of passing.
Trainees who have a hard time, can rewrite any examination, so you get more than once chance to pass and finish your course.
Recognition for your studies.
On the ICB program, you get acknowledgment for every level of the program you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to identify your success. This implies that if you never complete the whole program, you still have a certificate for every single level to place on your wall. Your college may also give you a subject conclusion for every single topic you complete.
The strategy is that you don’t walk away empty-handed once you have actually passed a subject or a level in the programme.
The difference between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses.
At the ICB accounting courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the higher levels, the certification names alter to “Accounting”.
So “bookkeeping” is just the initial levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as an accountant, you are primarily busy with the accurate recording of a business’s transactions and financial resources. As you get promoted, you may start working on the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accountant.
Study Materials and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are included in your course fees. The distance learning study materials are approved and recommended by the ICB, so you know that you are getting the ideal study products to pass your ICB examinations.
The ICB has lots of exam centres across South Africa. If you are not close sufficient to an exam centre, then you can request for private invigilation. Nevertheless, this is normally an expensive option.
Here is a detailed description of the exam dates and procedures: Skills Academy ICB Examination Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB examination centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
| certified junior bookkeeper course
Last Updated: March 24th, 2017.